Thursday, September 15, 2005

OC Thoughts, Vol. 2

Ok, I was pretty sure I wasn't going to do another OC post this week, but dammit, I've got to mister!!! Forget that "real-time" stuff, though. Way too exhausting.

These are my thoughts on this week's episode:

1. First of all, what's the deal with Marissa?? Julie tells the principal, "You've seen my daughter. Tall, pretty, wears Chanel," then she shows up for the first day of school dressed like Joss Stone at the MTV Music awards? And why does Summer wear cowboy boots every day? I don't understand rich people.

2. Jeri Ryan and Kirsten in the cottage at Lake Arrowhead. Exactly how much are tickets to Shiksapalooza this year?

3. Jimmy Cooper is shaping up to be one world class schmuck. In the first two seasons, he was like the ultimate nice guy who had done some bad things but was genuinely trying to get his life back in order. Now he's back in town with conspicuous timing, saying things like "I left my wallet in the car, can't we just put it on Cal's tab?" CAL IS DEAD!!!

Not only that, but I'm about to make a prediction. I have no idea if this is on some website somewhere, but my prediction is that Jimmy is going to try to kill Julie. The look on his face when Julie joked about the gardener or the pool guy trying to kill her in her sleep b/c they haven't been paid since before Cal died was priceless. Of course, she couldn't pay them yet b/c she didn't have Cal's money yet. Then Jimmy re-proposes to Julie, taking her out to a dinner that he certainly can't afford (and will probably have her pay for anyway)?? No sir, he's going to marry her, then when she gets Cal's money, he's gonna bump her off, or at least try to bump her off. You heard it here first.

4. This new dean is like the devil incarnate. I don't even know what incarnate really means, but I've heard it used in that context before. In the context of new deans. Actually, I can't remember what that new dean's name is, so we're going to call him New Dean. This dude is pure evil. He reminds me of that Nicolae Carpathia from the Left Behind series. (Yeah, I read them. All of them. I know. I'm Jewish. Whatever, it's a good story) Anyway, where the hell did he come from, and why does he hate Marissa and Ryan so much if he's only been in town for a few weeks?? He's got a shady past, it's a guarantee. We'll find out more about it probably in episode 4 or 5.

Anyway, I actually cheered out loud when Ryan punched him in the face at the carnival. (And the answer is yes, I know exactly how ridiculous that last sentence sounds.) Here's another prediction. They should have ended the show with Don't Stand So Close To Me '86, by the Police, b/c that New Dean is going to be shagging new Aryan Antagonist Taylor Thompson before the kids get off for Christmas Vacation.

The best possible thing that could come out of this New Dean so furiously pursuing Marissa and Ryan's expulsion would be for Seth and Summer leading the entire Harbor High School student body in a chant of, say it with me, MARISSA COOPER GRADUATES!!!

One thing that sort of slipped past me last week was this: The cops are dead-set on busting Ryan for shooting Trey, then Trey comes out of his coma and Julie pays him off to frame Ryan for it, then Trey changes his story and signs an affidavit for the cops saying it was Marissa, then he immediately skips town, and the cops are ok with this?? There's no further investigation?? Of all the things that are ridiculous about this show, this one really bothers me.

No comments: