Monday, September 05, 2005

I Gotta Have More Cowbell, Baby!

It finally happened. After over a month in Los Angeles, I finally had my first celebrity sighting. Yesterday, while looking for a pair of running shoes at the Beverly Center (yes, I run, on occasion), I came about a foot and a half from bumping right into The Continental himself, Mr. Christopher Walken.

Example

He was wearing blue jogging pants, a blue t-shirt, and a rain hat pulled down over his fact. When I realized who I was trying to avoid walking into, my eyes lit up and he gave me this look that I can only describe as a combination of horror and hate. "Do not approach me," he said to me, without ever opening his mouth. Needless to say, when you get that look from Christopher Walken, you take heed. I wanted to tell him how all I really needed was more cowbell, but I was afraid I'd wake up in the middle of the night missing a finger, with him standing over my bed watching me sleep, then giving me some lecture about why he kept my watch in his ass for 5 years before making me play Russian Roulette. Trust me, it could have been bad.

Just for kicks, here's the transcript to one of the funniest skits in the history of Saturday Night Live. Or, if you'd like, you can watch the skit here. Enjoy.

No comments: