Thursday, September 22, 2005

A DH in the Making??

Amanda and I joined a rec softball league with one of her friend's older sister, and tonight was our first game. We won by forfeit - the other team only brought 8 people - but we played anyway just for fun. I, of course, was wearing my Red Sox hat, and playing center field, so I felt a little like Johnny Damon when I led off the 2nd inning with a single into the gap on the very first pitch. Felt good. My line for the game was two for three, with a single and a double and one RBI. Amanda was two for three as well, with two doubles and one RBI. The amazing thing was that she stretched out a bunt for one of the doubles. I did have two errors in center, though, possibly three, but I think I'm going to stick with two. Hopefully I can keep up the Damon-esque hitting next week but leave the Manny-esque fielding behind.

Because of the game, I had to Tivo the OC, and haven't watched it yet. I'll post my thoughts on that tomorrow. Promise.

No comments: