Monday, January 09, 2006

What's the Spread on the Game? Lakers by 6.

Tonight I made my debut at the Staples Center for the Laker game. My friend Warren clerks for a judge and he wound up with 4 tickets for tonight's game against the Pacers. Amanda had class, so he brought a co-clerk along with his wife, Lindsay, and me. Around 3:30 this afternoon, he called me with the location of our seats. Half-court. First row. Fairly unbelievable seats, maybe the best I will ever have in my life for any sporting event. The game was a lot of fun, I'm not much of a Laker fan, but when you're sitting that close, it's easy to root root root for the home team. Along the way we saw some folks you might recognize. Regardless of how it sounds, I was really hoping for an Adam Brody sighting, but no such luck. I had to settle for these guys instead.


That's us standing in front of our amazing seats. That's me on the left. Warren's the one in the Mardi Gras outfit.


The man, the myth, the legend. Jack Nicholson.


Tom Petty, looking pretty haggard. Looks like it might not be long until the Wilburys are playing a reunion show.


If my camera were worth a damn anymore, some of the other pics might have come out better. We also saw Donald Sutherland, as well as former Pacer and Cheryl Miller's little brother, Reggie.

I think the best part of the night for me, though, was when the Lakers came out at the end of halftime and started warming up, I caught former Longhorn Chris Mihm coming off of the layup line, and I was literally maybe 10 yards from him, so I stood up and screamed "Mihm!" and gave him the Hook 'Em sign. He smiled, nodded, and flashed it right back, proving once and for all that once you are a Longhorn, you are always a Longhorn.

Goodbye, and Good Luck. And if you want to see the rest of the pics, let me know and I'll email you the photo album link.

No comments: