Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Crawfish Bread and Warm Beers


The 2006 Jazz Fest poster was unveiled today. Looks pretty damn cool, if you ask me. Amanda and I went to a day of Jazz Fest last year and the year before, and it was a lot of fun, but it's killing me that I can't go this year. This is the year to go, if for no other reason than to spend some time in New Orleans. Also, to spend some money in New Orleans. Nothing helps a local economy like local spending. Trickle-down economics at its best. Thanks, Ronald Reagan.

They haven't announced the lineup yet for this year's Festival, but it's supposed to come out some time in February. If you're in the area, or even anywhere near the area, I urge you to go. You're sure to have a great time, and you'll also have the added benefit of really helping a struggling community's economy.

You can buy the 2006 Jazz Fest poster here. I don't know what percentage, if any, of this year's proceeds are going to any recovery-related efforts, but I might get one and donate an equal amount, just to be on the safe side.

No comments: