Thursday, January 05, 2006

Selling Out, Volume Three

Remember how excited I was when Amanda found out she got Rose Bowl tickets? Probably the most excited I've ever been in my life. Well, guess what. We sold them on eBay. Once we saw how much people were getting for these puppies, it was almost a no-brainer. Actually, it was probably the hardest decision I have ever made in my life, but in the end I realized two things. The first was that if we won the game, I'd be just as excited whether I was actually at the game or not (and I was probably 98 or 99% , if being there was 100), but if we lost and didn't sell, I would have been so pissed had we not gotten that cash. The second thing I realized was that I'd be a fool not to try to turn my $175 into the $900 I ended up pulling ($1800 for the pair). Garrett told me he was a bit disappointed in me as a Texas fan, and that's something I'm going to have to come to terms with.

I'll be thinking about that this summer when I'm deep into my 5th pina colada on the beach in Maui.

No comments: