Saturday, April 15, 2006

Worse Than Ezra

Well, in keeping with what seems to be the theme of my 2006, I did not go to the Better Than Ezra concert, even though I had a ticket. Here's what happened. My friend bailed on me today, which sucks, b/c I wasn't able to find anyone else to take her ticket. But whatever, no big, like I said, I've been to concerts by myself before.

So, I show up at House of Blues around 9:30 (doors opened at 9), and I fork over the $15 for parking since it's full out pouring and I didn't feel like trying to find a spot 2 blocks away for free and getting soaked on the way to the club. After getting my tickets from the Will Call, I found out that BTE wasn't taking the stage until 11:15. No band ever comes on when they're supposed to. Remember the line from Guns N' Roses' "Mr. Brownstone?" "The show usually starts around seven, we go on stage around nine." They're not kidding.

Then I made my way over to the line of about 50 or so people who were waiting to get in. In the rain. I stood in line for about 3 minutes, didn't move an inch, and said "screw it." There's no way I'm standing in line in the rain for at least 20 minutes, then hanging out inside while waiting for the band to come on for an hour and a half by myself. I put the tickets in my pocket, walked back over to the valet guy, and asked him for my car back, and my $15. Thankfully, he looked favorably upon me (am I that pathetic that I'm getting sympathy from the valet guy??), and handed me my money back. So I went to Blockbuster and picked up some crappy horror flicks that Amanda won't watch with me, and I came home. Redeye sucked. I'm going to watch Saw II tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes.

I was going to do a post about other concerts that I've been to, but I'm tired now, so that'll have to wait until later. Luckily, I'll catch Better Than Ezra next month when I'm in San Francisco for Bay to Breakers, so it's not a total loss. Just mostly.

No comments: