Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Over 5,000 Years of Rockin'

Great news! I was thumbing through this book today called "Jews Who Rock," (it's about Jews who rock), and there are a ton of rockin' Jews out there I had no idea were in the tribe. Here's a sampling:

Beck
Eric Bloom, singer from Blue Oyster Cult (I gotta have more cowebell, baby!)
Cass Elliott, and John & Michelle Phillips (Both of the Mamas, and one of the Papas)
Donald Fagen and Walter Becker, of Steely Dan (the greatest studio recording artists ever, according to a law school classmate of mine)
Doug Fieger, lead singer of The Knack
Susanna Hoffs, of the Bangles (hot Jew)
Billy Joel (I always thought he was Catholic)
Mick Jones, of the Clash
Mark Knopfler, of Dire Straits
Courtney Love (best known for ruining Kurt Cobain's life, then her own)
Lou Reed (when he's not trying to be Bowie)
Paul Simon (I just thought we had the other guy)
Slash (yeah, that's right)
Warren Zevon

That's quite a list. That doesn't even include the ones I (and everyone else) already knew about, like Bob Dylan, Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley, Geddy Lee, Robbie Krieger, Max Weinberg, The Beastie Boys, and Garfunkel.

On the other side of the coin, we're also stuck with Michael Bolton. You win some, you lose some, I guess.

No comments: