Friday, February 24, 2006

Mammoth Mountain, I Own You

Image hosting by Photobucket
No injuries for me, this trip to the slopes. I managed a whole day of snowboarding without breaking, separating, spraining, or even bruising anything (other than my ego, at times). It was truly a test of my inner resolve, as I spent most of the day battling some of the smaller green runs on the mountain. The ones I spent the most time on were called "Hansel" and "Gretel", if that gives you any idea of the caliber of snowboarding I felt I was up for. Either way, it was lots of fun, and I'll settle for some wimpy runs in exchange for not having to wear a cast to work for 3 weeks.
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Here are the shots of me right after I rented my board, then right after I finished putting all of my gear on before heading out to the mountain. Was there ever really any doubt that I'd be the guy in the Texas jersey?

No comments: