Sunday, December 04, 2005

BRING IT ON

Texas walloped Colorado on Saturday to the tune of 70-3, to win the Big 12 Championship and clinch a spot in the National Championship Rose Bowl game, against USC on January 4. It remains to be seen whether or not I will be able to get a ticket to the game, but rest assured that I am going to do everything in my power, and my powers are substantial.

That said, we are presented with another fabulous opportunity for my semi-annual facial hair growth, which I have presently titled (that's right, I'm giving titles to my facial hair - this is what it's like in LA, I guess) the "Rose Bowl Beard." Needless to say, Amanda's not thrilled, but she'll have to learn to live with this one, at least until January 5, when, win or lose, I will be shaving. But not until then.

Expect a lot of Texas-related posts in the coming weeks, I guess. There's going to be a lot of hype for this game, and I'm not one to go against the grain on such matters. Other matters, maybe, but not this such matter. I think this is what I'll be doing on January 3. If anyone wants to come to LA and join me, please let me know.

No comments: