Friday, February 16, 2007

Books They All Know They're Not Worth Reading

Thoughts while wondering who I need to sleep with at VH1 to get back into that damn pop culture competition...

Probably the most exciting news I got all day is that Wilco has released the tracklist for their upcoming album "Sky Blue Sky." It comes out on May 15, which seems to be timed perfectly with our cross-country drive. Whoever ends up riding in the car with me is going to be pretty damn sick of that album by the time we hit New Mexico, I think.

The most exciting news I got two days ago is that Amanda got us tickets to see Willie Nelson and the rock legend that is Jackson Browne next Thursday. I saw Willie do a short set at Memphis in May back in 2001, but damn, Jackson Browne? I didn't know he was even on tour, but I don't know if I could be more excited to see a concert of anybody that I haven't yet seen other than him. Maybe the Rolling Stones. But he's definitely up there, big time.

Ghost Rider opens today. I'd say that looks like it has "Worst Movie of 2007" locked up, but I guess you never know, what with Norbit and the soon-to-be-released Wild Hogs. I've still got my money on Ghost Rider, though. Come on. He's a normal motorcycle rider by day and turns into a firey-headed crime fighter at night? I know I've made this joke before (maybe not here though), but wouldn't a better curse have been if he were a normal motorcycle rider by day and had to turn into Nicholas Cage at night?

I can understand why the ratings for this week's Lost were at an all-time low for the show, but all that means is that so many more people missed what was probably one of the best 3 episodes in the show's run to date. Hopefully it'll get people talking and their numbers will come up a bit next week.

I feel like I'm turning into Peter King here. Might be time to get up out of here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All you need is a 'these are my readers' and you're Bill Simmons

Anonymous said...

Did you read Clay Travis's live Super Bowl blog? He talked about watching the ad for Ghost Rider and said he couldn't decide if the movie was going to be epically bad or epically bad.

Also, have you seen The Departed? It may be my favorite movie of all time.