Saturday, September 09, 2006

GREEKFEST!!!!

Last night, Amanda, Naomi, Bailey and I went to the LA Greek Fest. The food was awesome (I had the gyro and Athenian beer). The girls made wreaths which they wore on their heads. I just watched. While I was watching, I saw the biggest spider I've ever seen. I didn't know they had spiders this big in North America.

Anyway, after they were done, we were watching some people dance on the dance floor, where a DJ was playing some Greek music that seemed to be never-ending. They kept publicizing the Zorba Dance Contest, and Bailey decided it would be really funny to go sign me up. When she did, she was more than mildly surprised to see her own name on the list, where I had put it about 5 minutes earlier. Neither one of us backed down from the challenge, though we tried to talk ourselves out of it a few times. We didn't win the contest (some guy who did the "robot" won, though we think he was some sort of professional, or at least a street performer on Hollywood Blvd.), but in the end, we're all winners, right? Except for maybe the crazy lady in the pink. And the old guy in the purple sequened shirt and shoes who signed up for the contest then bolted before it was his turn.

I've got videos of both my dance performance and Bailey's (she dragged Amanda out there with her also), which I'm in the process of uploading to YouTube and will post when they're done.

(Also, for some reason, I can't get my photos uploaded to Blogger right now. I'll go back and insert them into this post later, after they get over their technical difficulties.)

Man, those Greeks sure know how to party. Personally, I enjoyed being in a place where I wasn't even close to being the hairiest guy around.

No comments: