Friday, September 15, 2006

Bush Doesn't Want to Show the Facts

You thought I was talking about our President, didn't you? Well, I can't blame you, but you're wrong.

Looks like Reggie Bush might not be the "Saint" everyone thinks he is. (Sorry, I know that was lazy.) According to an investigation by Yahoo Sports, Bush and his family might have accepted up to $100,000 worth of gifts and money during his tenure as a Heisman-winning USC running back.

Lots of athletes break the rules, that doesn't separate Bush from anyone. And nothing's final yet, so I'm not accusing him of cheating (just in case he was worried about my opinion of him). But what does strike me as confusing (at best) is this comment from Bush in response to the inquiry:

"It makes you want to go out there right away and tell your side of the story. Show everybody the facts, the truth. But you can't do that. That wouldn't be the right way to do it."

Really, Reggie? Then what would be the right way to do it? What would be a better way to do it than giving everyone the facts and the truth?

No comments: