Thursday, June 01, 2006

Take It or Leave It

A guy I work with is in a metal band called Symphony of Cyanide (that's the real name of the band, I swear), and they had a gig tonight at a bar downtown called Little Pedro's. I was on my way there when my Check Engine light came on. Considering my history with car trouble, I immediately pulled off the highway and came home. I didn't want to risk getting stuck in downtown LA at night by myself. Yeah, I don't think so.

I'll have to take it in on Monday morning. Tomorrow I'm heading to Houston to see the folks and go through a bunch of boxes filled with my old crap. Sounds like fun, doesn't it? Don't be jealous. Not much to say about this trip right now, but I felt like writing something, b/c I'm trying to get back in the habit, though it's proven a bit more difficult that I originally thought. Anyway, here are my top 11 songs about travelling to Houston to see my parents and go through a bunch of boxes of old crap:

1. Another Travelling Song - Bright Eyes
2. Airportman - REM
3. Airport Song - Guster
4. Rocky Mountain High - John Denver (I have a layover in Denver)
5. Songs About Texas - Pat Green
6. In Houston - Tapes 'n Tapes
7. Breakin' Bread - The J.B.'s (this is a fantastic song that I just heard for the first time today. probably the reason for this list.)
8. Cleaning Out My Closet - Eminem
9. Memory Lane - Elliott Smith
10. Things I Will Keep - Guided By Voices
11. Long Way Back Home - Barenaked Ladies

No comments: