Monday, October 24, 2005

Football Good, Football Bad

(listening to: Come Pick Me Up, Ryan Adams)

We'll start with the good.

TEXAS IS NUMBER ONE IN THE BCS STANDINGS!!! Somehow (maybe because we kick ASS!), we overtook USC by .0007 to take the lead in the BCS standings. We're still a healthy #2 in the polls, but I'll take the lead in the BCS with a runner-up in the AP. I'll also continue to keep my fingers crossed for the Horns to make their way out to Pasadena for a January 4 appearance. My fingers have been crossed for so long, by the way, they're starting to meld together, like Oswald Cobblepot in the crappy Batman movie. I've also stopped shaving, but I think that's less of a superstitious thing than it is just an "I really hate shaving" thing.

In other news, does anyone want to buy a fantasy football team?? I can get you one at a rate. After a fierce 3-0 start in which I scored 110, 124 and 128 points, I had an early bye week and came back weakened, going 0-3, scoring 71, 37 and 77 points. This week, my two leading scorers were my kicker and my defense, for crying out loud!! What is wrong with these guys?? They're just not trying their hardest. They don't seem to understand what it takes to win. Yes, dammit, I know I'm talking about a fake team. I'm matched up against The Wolf this week, and this is make it or break it. I'm 3-3 and The Wolf is in the driver's seat with a 5-1 record.

Luckily, my team isn't the most pathetic in our league. Fred, who was in first place until this week, managed to score 9 points this weekend. He'll probably break into double digits tonight, as long as Curtis Martin manages to have at least 10 yards rushing, but then again, LaDanian was held to only 7 yards rushing yesterday, so you never know.

Luckily, everybody makes the playoffs.

But, hey, have I mentioned that Texas is NUMERO UNO in the BCS??

No comments: