Friday, January 05, 2007

Sun, Sun, Sun

The sun is shining a little brighter today. Amanda got back yesterday after three and a half weeks in Israel, and it was not a moment too soon. I mean that not in the "I missed her like hell" sense (which I did), but more in the "I was approaching the point of forgetting to put on socks in the morning" sense. Something happens when she goes away for more than a day or two, where the part of me that is marginally responsible decides to close up shop and go off the grid for awhile.

Anyway, in honor of her return, here are some sun songs to go listen to.

Good Day, Sunshine - The Beatles
Sun, Sun, Sun - The Elected
Sun Comes Up, It's Tuesday Morning - Cowboy Junkies
Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
House of the Rising Sun - The Animals
Staring at the Sun - U2
Sun Is Shining - Bob Marley
Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves (not Martika, as some people think)

Welcome home, Sunshine.

3 comments:

Micah said...

also, Father and Sun by Cat Stevens

Anonymous said...

So cute! Be still, my heart!
You bought a VY bobblehead?!!?
Mom

Anonymous said...

I remember in Jackson whenever Amanda would leave for more than a day you would eat Snickers and popcorn for most of your meals. GOOD TIMES!!! By the way, The Warriors is playing on a bigscreen in Minneapolis. You should come see it.