Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Ever Since the Fire Went Out

Pretty excited to be heading back to Mississippi this weekend, for a friend's wedding. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a flight to Jackson or to New Orleans that I could afford, so instead I'm flying to Houston and driving over with the folks. We're stopping in New Orleans so we can check out a few rehearsal dinner options on Friday morning, and I'm also going to get to meet Alan's baby girl, who is supposed to make her debut tomorrow. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

When I made my plane reservations, I decided to fly back to LA on the 2nd, so that I'd be sure not to miss the Fiesta Bowl, which, at the time, was where the Longhorns were supposed to be playing. That was before we dropped two in a row to Kansas State and Texas A&M, dropping us to #4 in the Big 12. Instead, we're playing in the Alamo Bowl on the 30th. So, not only will I not be watching Texas in a BCS bowl on the 2nd, but I won't be watching them in a crappy bowl on the 30th either, because we'll be at the wedding during the game. Those bastards. That sentence is equally applicable to the Horns and to Hannah and Will for scheduling their wedding during the bowl game.

No comments: