Saturday, July 01, 2006

I Am Not Overly Concerned

Radiohead played last night at the Greek Theater in LA. I'm sure they were awesome, but Amanda, Bailey and I went to the Counting Crows concert down in beautiful Irvine, CA. It was nice, actually, great weather and a good show. I think the highlight for me was tailgating in the parking lot with Pabst Blue Ribbon, veggie dumplings, asian salad, and edamame. Only in LA.

The Goo Goo Dolls were the opening band (well, not the first opening band, but I'm not sure they even had a name), and they were actually not bad. I mean, I'm not rushing out to their next concert or joining their fan club, but at least it wasn't Train.

The Crows took the stage a little late, and Bailey was audibly shocked at Adam Duritz's appearance. We all were, actually. He doesn't look like this anymore. He looks like this now. It was a good show, though, despite the fact that they absolutely BUTCHERED Rain King and Raining in Baltimore. They did a really kick-ass version of Murder of One, though, that completely redeemed themselves. Problem is, though, Duritz is so out of shape that he has to give these mini-speeches between songs to give himself time to catch his breath so he can sing again (ironically, one of these speeches last night was about not lifting weights), and they ran over on time and had to cut their show and do a quick one-song encore. Good show, too short.

I got a little lazy and didn't feel like typing out their setlist, so I just took a picture of where I wrote it down. Enjoy.

No comments: