Thursday, May 03, 2007

We Put the Spring in Springfield

Are they talking about the Bordello? No, the burlesque house, keep your voice down!

I guess these things are all over the place, but I was SO excited last night when Amanda and I got to the movie theater with our friend Naomi to see The Year of the Dog (skip it), to find this in the lobby. I immediately ran over to it and handed Amanda my cell phone with a "You have to take my picture!" request. She made some sort of comment about how it's funny that I'm her fiance, because it seemed like I might be her son instead, or something like that. I don't know, I was too excited to sit next to Homer on the couch that I wasn't really processing what she was saying. But I mean, seriously, can you blame me?

Sadly, there was no photo op with Groundskeeper Willie, Krusty, or Moe Szyzlak. That would have been awesome. This Simpsons movie is either going to be awesome or the worst movie of all time. There is no middle ground, I think. Either way, they're gonna get my 10 bucks. This is the summer of "Movies that Make Grown Men Feel Like They're 10 Years Old." Between The Simpsons, Transformers, and Spiderman 3, I'm not sure I know what to do with myself.

4 comments:

JMA said...

Oh my God!
Tramapoline! Trampopoline!
That's awesome...

Abram said...

1. That's spectacular

2. I saw Spiderman 3 last night. It was pretty cool, and had the right tone for a Marvel movie. A satisfying way to spend an evening.

ben said...

i heard spiderman sucked. i'm probably not going to see it. i'd rather go see grindhouse again.

Anonymous said...

Great picture, Ben! I know andrea can get her hair to stand up like Marge's; I've never been able to get that look!